Howell Area Archives Digital Archive

Browse Items (37 total)

    Select values for one or more Elements to narrow down your search.

  • HCDL-ngp-H004-02-0030_u.jpg

    This photograph shows the buildings on east end of Main Street across from the Brighton House (later known as the Eastern House).

    Date of the photograph unknown.
  • HCDL-ngp-L001-03-0005_u.jpg

    The Lakeland Hotel on Zukey Lake

    Former location of the Ice House unknown date and location

    Writing on photo is A.S. Lyndon and Ann Arbor, Michigan
  • HCDL-ngp-L004-01-0005_u.jpg

    Robert Hotel - SE corner of E. Grand River and Court Street - year unknown.
    Across the street from the courthouse.
    NOTE: These is a photo taken of a photo, not from original negative)
  • HCDL-ngp-L004-01-0006_u.jpg

    This is a photograph dated 1900 of the Oak Grove Hotel, Oak Grove, Livingston, Michigan.

    Persons on porch: unknown.
  • HCDL-ngp-L004-01-0009_u.jpg

    This is a photograph of the carriage taking passengers from the Railroad Depot to Livingston Hotel, Howell, Michigan.

    The date of the photograph is unknown.  The exact location is unknown.
  • HCDL-ngp-O001-21-0017_u.jpg

    This is a photograph of members of the Knights Templar, Howell Commandery, No. 28, Howell, Michigan, 1913.  They are standing on East Grand River Avenue, in front of the Livingston Hotel.

    The names of the individuals are Fred Hoelgle, Sid Millard, Dan Zimmerman, C. A. Warren, C.H. Pomeroy, and C. E. Hiscock.
  • HCDL-ngp-P009-01-0003_u.jpg

    This series of photographs were taken on October 22, 1936 at the Ceremony for the Laying of the Cornerstone for the new Post Office in Howell, Michigan.  It was located at 123 South Walnut Street.

    The Howell Post Office was the first Federal building in Livingston County.  The local committee, consisting of Postmaster Alfred H. Pfau, W.W. Blackney, Congressman of the 6th District of Flint, and Charles P. Adams, Mayor of Howell, had requested the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of Michigan to lay the cornerstone according to the ritual of the Order.  The Howell Commandery #28, Knights Templar, paraded from the Howell Lodge to the scene of the ceremony.    The line of march proceeded east on Sibley to Court, north on Court to Grand River Avenue, west on Grand River to Walnut and south on Walnut to the Post Office site.

    A half-day holiday was declared by Mayor Adams for the city of Howell.   The names of the persons in the photographs are unknown.
  • HCDL-ngp-R002-01-0014_u.jpg

    This group of photographs was taken at a dinner at Monk's Hotel, Brighton, Michigan, on October 8th, 1954, as the Livingston County Board of Realtors met in celebration of receiving the National Association Charter.

    The officers for 1954 were President Noel Burnham, Vice President Gordon Harmon, Secretary Herbert Schott, Treasurer James R. Hayner, and the Board of Directors were A. C. Thompson, Harold Crandall, Earl A. Sharpe, and Herb Sneed.

    The names of the persons in the photographs are unknown.
  • HCDL-ngp-R003-01-0012_u.jpg

    This is a photograph of the 4 Mile House located on the northwest corner of West Grand River Avenue and Burkhart Road, 1933.  The address was 4020 West Grand River Avenue, Howell, Michigan.  In 1933, the Inn also had a service station which was owned by Charles Vincent; gas and oil were sold on the premises.   A gas pump is visible to the right.  The 4 Mile House was  a restaurant, and at one time, an inn.

    In the Livingston Republican, Charles Vincent announced that on May 7, 1933, the 4 Mile House would have a "Grand Opening", serving beer and lunches.
  • HCDL-ngp-S004-01-0011_u.jpg

    This is a photograph of the south side of the 200 block, Weimeister Block, of East Grand River Avenue, Howell, Michigan.  The Temple Theater and hotel are visible.

    The date of this photograph is unknown.  The street appears unpaved; Grand River Avenue was paved in 1915.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2