The Archives may have house history information that is not yet available digitally. Please contact the archives if you are researching a house and cannot find information in the digital archive. If we cannot find anything in the Archives you can use the information below to start creating a house history.
Useful Information For Doing A House History
- Start by contacting the Register of Deeds for Livingston County to start researching the ownership of the property.
- Research the family names of the owners of the property through
- Upon completion, consider donating a copy of the house history to the Howell Area Archives to add to this collection.
- Tracing Your House History: a Guide for Family Historians by Gill Blanchard
- House Histories: a Guide to Tracing the Geneaology of Your Home by Sally Light
- Discovering the History of Your House and Your Neighborhood by Betsy J. Green