Browse Items (37 total)
Sections of video listing visible signs of businesses.
- East Grand River South Side - Kroger, Howell Theatre,Midget Sandwich Shop, Goodnow & Jubb, National Hotel, Standard, Cozy Restaurant, Hotel Livingston, Howell Real Estate Agency, Livingston Reality Co. Citizens, Bowman's Variety Store, Adams Department Store, Todaro's Amber Lounge, Standard Office Supply, Adams Family Hair Center, Lathan's, O'Leary's Bakery Dairy Bar, Clear's Pub, Lud-mor Store, Western Auto Associate Store,Goodnow Dry Goods Store, First National Bank, Hausneer Bros. Fine Foods, McPherson State Bank
- West Grand River South Side - Porter Clothing Co., Strobel's Grocery, Line's 5 & 10 Store, D & C, Western Auto, Family Restaurant, Johnson's Drug Store, Schafer's House of Music, Copper Pickle, Opera House, A Garland, Bennett Hardware Co., Chas. H. Sutton Hardware, The Palace Market, M.R.R. Hardware, Shippy's, Main Street Winery, Heller's Flowers, Cobb-Hall Insurance Group, McPherson Oil Co and Service, First Presbyterian Church, Russell Smith Ford, Masonic Temple
- East Grand River North Side - Monroe Bro's, Cook, Larkin & Kruger Grocery, Greenaway Building, Cowdry's Drug Store, Baldwin's Drug Store, Bob's Pharmacy, Leist Sports, Uptown Coffeehouse, Yax Jewelry, Moe's Barber Shop, Gift Shoppe, Donald Jewelers, Dairy Queen, Court House, Citizens Mutual, Bell Telephone Co.
- West Grand River North Side - Howell Carnegie District Library, Larson's Jewelery, Budget Tire Co., Kosin's Glass, Smith Ford Dealership, Baldwin, Line's 5 to 1.00 Store, Richards Electric, DR Electric, Mrs. Eagers Restaurant, Rexall Drugs, Spagnuola's Candy and Ice Cream, Livingston's Drugs, Charles W. Itsell, Dowen Town
- Michigan Ave - Thompson Grist Mill, Mcpherson Mansion, Mcpherson Hospital, Mason Block, Repubican Newspaper, Howell Post Office, Masonic Temple, A.J. Parker & Co.
- Michigan Ave & Sibley Street - Whipple Hotel, Young and Pohly Blacksmith Shop, J.W. Wright & Sons Planing Mill, Post Office, JC's Corner Pocket, Zemper, Central School, Howell High School & Junior High and Michigan Ave Middle School
- State Street (Peanut Row)
- Walnut Street - Post Office, Candy Kitchen, A. F. Peavy and Sons Mill, Lyndon's Studio, Parshall Flour Mill, Howell Co-op, Ten-Cent Barn, Rissman Plumbing & Heating Co.
- Thompson Lake
- Ann Arbor Railroad Howell Depot
This is a photograph captioned "Depot with Ed Beach", and was included in David Finney's book, "Images of America, Howell', and it notes that this brick depot was built on the north side of Howell by the Ann Arbor Railroad in 1885-1886. To the right, there is a partial view of an omnibus from the Whipple House which was owned by Henry Whipple. In the background is the Michigan Avenue Bridge.
The date of the photograph is unknown.
This is a photograph taken in the alleyway that runs west to east behind the businesses on West Grand River Avenue, Howell, Michigan.
D & R Electric is one business whose back entrance identified in this picture. The view is looking east with the buildings on the east side of North Michigan Avenue visible.
These are photographs of Howell High School, on the 300 block of Michigan Avenue, Howell, Michigan.
At one point, it housed, K - 12, and later just the high school. When the new high school opened on West Grand River Avenue in the late sixties, it became Michigan Avenue Middle School. This building was used 1920 - 1983. The building was torn down in 1983.
MAMS, wrecking ball meet, Livingston County Press, 1983-07-27In library use only
Dan Gates, counselor at Michigan Avenue Middle School, Howell Public Schools, Howell, Michigan, 1980
This photo was used for the cover of the Michigan Avenue Middle School yearbook during the 1976-1977 school year. The photo shows a crowd of students who were attending the middle school at the time.
A yearbook photo of the Michigan Avenue Middle School Chorus during the 1976 to 1977 school year.
A yearbook photo of the Michigan Avenue Middle School Band during the 1976 to 1977 school year.