Browse Items (1463 total)
-
Michigan State Tuberculosis Sanatorium, Howell, Michigan
This group of photographs were taken on the grounds of the Michigan State Sanatorium, Howell, Michigan. The views are of several buildings, exterior and interior. It was also known as Howell Sanatorium and later Hillcrest Center.
This tuberculosis treatment center opened in 1931.
Livingston County Press & Argus/image/454596414/?terms=%22Michigan%20State%20Sanatorium%22&match=1 (in library use only).
The dates of these photographs are unknown. -
McPherson Memorial Hospital, Howell, Michigan - 1927
The home was located at the corner of Michigan Avenue and Clinton Street. It was built for Alexander McPherson in the early 1870s. Alexander lived there for 10 years before selling it to his brother Edward G. McPherson. Edward and his wife Rosalee, lived in the house for more than 40 years.
After their deaths, their heirs donated the house, appraised at $30,000 in 1927, to the city of Howell for use as a hospital.
After a $50,000 bond to renovate the house and a fire that caused another $8,000 in damage, McPherson Memorial Hospital opened on August 9, 1928. -
McPherson Memorial Hospital fire escape, Howell, Michigan - 1953
Exterior view of a fire escape at McPherson Memorial Hospital in 1953 -
Mellus Hospital, Brighton, Michigan
This is a photograph of Mellus Hospital, 218 East Grand River Avenue, Brighton, Michigan. Mellus Hospital was built by Dr. Horace Mellus, and dedicated on February 11, 1931.
Mellus Hospital was later the Christian Education Building of the Presbyterian Church, then Michigan Bank, then Leah Gold, and finally became the home of the Brighton Chamber of Commerce for Brighton. -
McPherson Community Health Center, Howell, Michigan, 1958
Photographs of labeled McPherson Community Health Center, Howell, Michigan in 1958. The persons in most of the photographs are unknown.
McPherson Memorial Hospital operated from 1928 to 1958 in the converted mansion given to the City of Howell by the McPherson family, which was located on North Michigan Avenue.
In 1958, McPherson Community Health Center opened as a brand new hospital at 620 Byron Road, Howell, Michigan. -
Brighton Hospital, Brighton, Michigan, 1982
Photographs of Brighton Hospital, Brighton, Michigan, 1982. The address was 12851 East Grand River Avenue, Brighton. -
409 East Clinton Street, Howell, Michigan
Photographs of the house that was at 409 East Clinton Street, Howell, Michigan. It was owned in 1952 and 1961 by Charles Monroe. -
William McPherson Jr., House, West Grand River Avenue, Howell, Michigan, 1915
This is a photograph of the William McPherson Jr., House, West Grand River Avenue, Howell, Michigan, 1915. The names of the persons in the photograph are unknown. -
618 West Sibley, Howell, Michigan, Old Barn on Sibley
This is a photograph of an old barn that was located behind Citizens' Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, and the address, of the barn, was believed to be 618 West Sibley Street, Howell, Michigan.
Wrigglesworth owned that property in 1952.
The date of the photograph is unknown. -
McPherson Cottage on Lake Chemung, Livingston County, Michigan - 1957
McPherson Cottage on Lake Chemung, Livingston County, Michigan - 1957
Select values for one or more Elements to narrow down your search.