Howell Area Archives Digital Archive

Browse Items (105 total)

  • HCDL-ngp-W001-07-0001_u.jpg

    This is a photograph of the Brighton Honor Roll Monument, Brighton, Michigan 1917
  • HCDL-ngp-T004-08-0002_u.jpg

    This is a photograph of the Pere Marquette Depot in Brighton, Michigan.  It was located on West Main Street and was razed in the 1960's.   According to the "Old Brighton Village" Book, 1974, the first train came to Brighton on July 4, 1871 and gave free rides to all the townspeople.
  • HCDL-ngp-T004-03-0016_u.jpg

    A photograph of Les Rutter Motor Sales building, 1970.
  • HCDL-ngp-T004-02-0016_u.jpg

    This image is of the White Star Oil Station, Brighton, Michigan, September 3, 1925.  The White Star Oil Station was located at the corner of Grand River Avenue and Mill Street.
  • HCDL-ngp-T004-02-0005_u.jpg

    Cars and Concepts, East Grand River Avenue, Brighton, Michigan was a specialty vehicle company that had a contract with Chrysler to install T-bar removable sun roofs in Chrysler and Plymouth vehicles. 

    Cars and Concepts released these images of some of their products.

    It was founded by Dick Chrysler in the 1970's, and became the largest employer in Livingston County.  Cars and Concepts was later sold to Masco.
  • HCDL-ngp-T003-01-0004_u.jpg

    This is a photograph taken in Brighton, Michigan, on West Main Street.  It depicts an unknown parade, and in the background is the  Former Opera House, the Rialto Theatre.

    The Rialto Theatre, 307 West Main Steeet, Brighton, Michigan, was originally built in 1918 to show silent movies.  Silent movies were often accompanied by piano music provided by a local artist.   

    The Rialto Theatre was a multi-use theater between 1918 and 1937 hosting movies, meetings, music, commencements, lectures and conventions.  In 1937, there was extensive remodeling of the Rialto converting it into a bowling alley.  After World War II, the Bowling Alley was demolished to make way for a parking lot.

    Participants in Parade: unknown.
  • HCDL-ngp-T003-01-0003_u.jpg

    This is a photograph taken in Brighton, Michigan, on West Main Street.  It depicts an unknown parade, and in the background is the  Former Opera House, the Rialto Theatre.

    The Rialto Theatre, 307 West Main Steeet, Brighton, Michigan, was originally built in 1918 to show silent movies.  Silent movies were often accompanied by piano music provided by a local artist.   

    The Rialto Theatre was a multi-use theater between 1918 and 1937 hosting movies, meetings, music, commencements, lectures and conventions.  In 1937, there was extensive remodeling of the Rialto converting it into a bowling alley.  After World War II, the Bowling Alley was demolished to make way for a parking lot.

    Parade participants: unknown.
  • HCDL-ngp-T001-01-0038_u.jpg

    This is one of McPherson Oil Company gasoline stations, located in Brighton, at U.S. 23 and U.S. 16, February 1954. 

    McPherson Oil Company, 224 West Sibley Street, Howell, Michigan was a wholesale distributor of gasoline and oil.
  • HCDL-ngp-T001-01-0019_u.jpg

    This is a photograph dated Feb. 20, 1955 of a Michigan Bell Telephone dinner held in Brighton, Michigan.

    The location of the event and the persons in the photograph are unknown.
  • HCDL-ngp-T001-01-0018_u.jpg

    This photograph is of a Michigan Bell Dinner held Feb. 20, 1955 in Brighton.

    The location of the dinner and persons in the photograph are unknown.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2