This is a photograph of the southside of the 300 block of East Grand River Avenue. Early cars are traveling. Storefronts include Locey's Recreation and the Howell Theater. Locey's later became the Howell Armory.
This is a photograph taken in Brighton, Michigan, on West Main Street. It depicts an unknown parade, and in the background is the Former Opera House, the Rialto Theatre.
The Rialto Theatre, 307 West Main Steeet, Brighton, Michigan, was originally built in 1918 to show silent movies. Silent movies were often accompanied by piano music provided by a local artist.
The Rialto Theatre was a multi-use theater between 1918 and 1937 hosting movies, meetings, music, commencements, lectures and conventions. In 1937, there was extensive remodeling of the Rialto converting it into a bowling alley. After World War II, the Bowling Alley was demolished to make way for a parking lot.
Photos of the Bowledrome in Howell, Michigan. Photos most likely taken by Chuck Domine, the manager at the time. Located on E. Grand River near National Street. It was rebuilt after a fire destroyed three upstairs alleys and part of a nearby sweet shop.
Fire Chief Karl Welcker and Theodore Briggs climbing a ladder during a fire in the Howell Bowling Alley. The fire caused extensive damage to the top floor of the building. A crowd has gathered to observe.
These photographs were taken of the October 21st, 1947 fire at the Howell Bowling Alleys, Howell, Michigan. The names of the persons in the pictures are unknown.
The owner of the "Howell Bowling Alleys" was Charles Domine. Several months later, construction was started on a new bowling alley on East Grand River Avenue near Fair Street. The building was the property of Fred Cronenwett, and was adjacent to the Ude Sweet Shoppe at 213 East Grand River Avenue, Howell, Michigan.
The Livingston County Press & Argus/image/454007351/?terms=%22bowling%20alley%22fire&match=1 (in library use only).