These photographs show storefronts in the village of Pinckney, Michigan. The year is unknown. Shown are the Pinckney Branch of the McPherson State Bank, the Bell Telephone Office, Kennedy's General Store and the Basement Department Store.
This is a photograph developed from a glass negative of a store. This photograph postcard is in the Archives, had Vandercook as the photographer, and was described as the "First Mcpherson store in Howell". The photograph belonged to Robert Grubb who wrote it was given to him by the McPherson's about 1894. The exact location is unknown.
This is a photograph of a parade in downtown Howell, Michigan. The procession is moving north on State Street. The intersection of State Street and East Grand River Avenue is in view. To the right is the Livingston County Courthouse, in the distance is the First Baptist Church, and to the left is is the storefront at 112 East Grand River Avenue.
The name of the parade and persons in the parade are unknown. The vehicles look to be from the 1940's-1950's and the direction of the parade is one that was most often taken for Memorial Day Parades (to Lakeview Cemetery).
This is a photograph taken of the storefronts on the 100 block of West Grand River Avenue, Howell, Michigan. The street is snow covered and a horse and sleigh are in the foreground. The businesses on the block include Homer N. Beach Dry Goods and William McPherson & Sons Dry Goods.
Homer N. Beach is "Going out of Business"; he died in July 1926. The date of this photograph and the name of the person in the photograph are unknown.