These photographs were taken upon the visit to Howell Michigan by U.S. Senator Charles E. Potter, July 12, 1958. He is greeted by Mayor Cliff Heller.
Senator Potter is in Howell for the Dedication of the newly opened camp, Nazarene Haven, on North Burkhart Road, Howell, Michigan. These photographs were taken at the luncheon held at Eager's Restaurant for "Republican workers".
The photographs were taken during the luncheon and show the interior of Eager's Restaurant. The photograph on the sidewalk was taken in front of the restaurant, and in the background is Spagnuolo's Store, Sutton's Hardware, and the intersection of West Grand River Avenue and Walnut Street.
These photographs were taken of the October 21st, 1947 fire at the Howell Bowling Alleys, Howell, Michigan. The names of the persons in the pictures are unknown.
The owner of the "Howell Bowling Alleys" was Charles Domine. Several months later, construction was started on a new bowling alley on East Grand River Avenue near Fair Street. The building was the property of Fred Cronenwett, and was adjacent to the Ude Sweet Shoppe at 213 East Grand River Avenue, Howell, Michigan.
The Livingston County Press & Argus/image/454007351/?terms=%22bowling%20alley%22fire&match=1 (in library use only).
This is a photograph of 215 East Grand River Avenue, Howell, Michigan. The Salvation Army was located there with Bob White's at 217 East Grand River. The building was "willed" to Salvation Army by Winklehaus for use as long as Salvation Army occupied it. The building was later the "Dukes", then the Barley Building, and currently Thai Cafe.
The date of this photograph is unknown. It is noted that Grand River Avenue was brick paved.