Browse Items (7 total)
Emmy award winning piece on the Historic Howell Opera House, Howell, Michigan (HCDL-bd-Howell-Opera-House-from-the-Michigan-Humanities-Council-2007_m.mp4)
Sections of video listing visible signs of businesses.
- East Grand River South Side - Kroger, Howell Theatre,Midget Sandwich Shop, Goodnow & Jubb, National Hotel, Standard, Cozy Restaurant, Hotel Livingston, Howell Real Estate Agency, Livingston Reality Co. Citizens, Bowman's Variety Store, Adams Department Store, Todaro's Amber Lounge, Standard Office Supply, Adams Family Hair Center, Lathan's, O'Leary's Bakery Dairy Bar, Clear's Pub, Lud-mor Store, Western Auto Associate Store,Goodnow Dry Goods Store, First National Bank, Hausneer Bros. Fine Foods, McPherson State Bank
- West Grand River South Side - Porter Clothing Co., Strobel's Grocery, Line's 5 & 10 Store, D & C, Western Auto, Family Restaurant, Johnson's Drug Store, Schafer's House of Music, Copper Pickle, Opera House, A Garland, Bennett Hardware Co., Chas. H. Sutton Hardware, The Palace Market, M.R.R. Hardware, Shippy's, Main Street Winery, Heller's Flowers, Cobb-Hall Insurance Group, McPherson Oil Co and Service, First Presbyterian Church, Russell Smith Ford, Masonic Temple
- East Grand River North Side - Monroe Bro's, Cook, Larkin & Kruger Grocery, Greenaway Building, Cowdry's Drug Store, Baldwin's Drug Store, Bob's Pharmacy, Leist Sports, Uptown Coffeehouse, Yax Jewelry, Moe's Barber Shop, Gift Shoppe, Donald Jewelers, Dairy Queen, Court House, Citizens Mutual, Bell Telephone Co.
- West Grand River North Side - Howell Carnegie District Library, Larson's Jewelery, Budget Tire Co., Kosin's Glass, Smith Ford Dealership, Baldwin, Line's 5 to 1.00 Store, Richards Electric, DR Electric, Mrs. Eagers Restaurant, Rexall Drugs, Spagnuola's Candy and Ice Cream, Livingston's Drugs, Charles W. Itsell, Dowen Town
- Michigan Ave - Thompson Grist Mill, Mcpherson Mansion, Mcpherson Hospital, Mason Block, Repubican Newspaper, Howell Post Office, Masonic Temple, A.J. Parker & Co.
- Michigan Ave & Sibley Street - Whipple Hotel, Young and Pohly Blacksmith Shop, J.W. Wright & Sons Planing Mill, Post Office, JC's Corner Pocket, Zemper, Central School, Howell High School & Junior High and Michigan Ave Middle School
- State Street (Peanut Row)
- Walnut Street - Post Office, Candy Kitchen, A. F. Peavy and Sons Mill, Lyndon's Studio, Parshall Flour Fill, Howell Co-op, Ten-Cent Barn, Rissman Plumbing & Heating Co.
- Thompson Lake
- Ann Arbor Railroad Howell Depot
Howell High School Class Play, Howell, Michigan -1896 held at Opera House. The hero of the play was Ned Cavell.
This is a photograph of the Howell High School Play held at the Howell Opera House, 121 - 123 West Grand River Avenue, Howell, Michigan.
The date of this event and the names of the persons in the photograph are unknown.
This collection of photographs was labeled "Senior Play, 1915". In April 1915, the Howell High School Senior Play was "Esmeralda", and was presented on one night, April 16, 1915 at the Howell Opera House, Howell, Michigan.
A column in the April 21st, 1915 edition of the Livingston Republican recalled, "The Senior Play At the Opera House Friday Evening Was a Decided Success". Continuing the paper noted, "A one hundred eighty-five dollar house was the way the people of Howell and vicinity appreciated the Senior Play, 'Esmeralda' at the Opera House. The parts were well taken and well sustained. Much credit is due to not only those who took part but to Mrs. W. C. Huntington who trained the actors and staged the play".
The 1915 "Torch", listed the Cast of Characters and their student actors as Stanley Warner, G. D. Monroe, Ralph Yerkes, Venice Stuible, Mary Bullis, Edwin Beebe, Irene Taziman, Maggie Cummiskey, Ethel Sharp, Harold Hardy, and Lee VanHorn.
"Esmeralda" was a celebrated play of that day by Mrs. Francis Hodgson and William H. Gillette. Admission to the play was 35 and 50 cents.